Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Monday, July 31, 2017

Slow Progress

Do you guys realize that the last "letter finish" (I) that I showed you on the Prairie Schooler alphabet was back in May?!  It seemed like J was taking a long time to finish--I did have to set it aside a couple of times for other projects with deadlines.  But, finally, here it is...

There is a lot of stitching on that pumpkin!

I did have another small finish, too.
This is Victoria Sampler's Christmas Spools--
quick to make and easy to finish.
The trick here is finding a wooden spool,
although I have noticed that some needlework shops
are carrying large "new" wooden spools.
I happened to have an older spool in my stash.

Currently, I have three projects in my rotation:

Satsuma Street's Forest
This is what it looked like last time.

And here it is now.
This seems to be going slowly because
it's over one, on 25-count lugana.
Over-one is usually challenging for me,
but I had to do it in order
to get the size I wanted.
This piece could be complete the way it is,
but I plan to stitch the entire thing.
There are four additional trees on both sides.

The second rotation piece is my 
ANG chapter's challenge project...
Needle Delights Originals' Ripple Rotation II.
Here is what it looked like last time.

And here it is now.
This seems to be going slowly because her
"Log" series which I did recently
 relied on Caron's overdyed Watercolours
for the color changes.
Here, some of these small squares 
contain six or seven different colors!
And since I'm following the colors
as opposed to stitching square by square,
there is constant page flipping going on.
It makes my head hurt.

The third rotation piece is,
you guessed it, Prairie Schooler's K:
I think it's a little strange
that a bird was charted in the
"K is for Kitty" box,
but he was so cute that 
I didn't want to change him out for a cat.

That's it from here.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Rhona said...

Great stitching! I love the Christmas spool design. It's nice to see that some craft shops are carrying these spools as there are so many pretty things to do with them.

Rita said...

Oh, these Logs are sooo beuatiful!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of your pieces and great finish.

Linda

Beth in IL said...

I love your finish! Page flipping is a pain!I am doing it on several projects right now. Can I blame it for my being so slow?

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Love the updates on your rotation pieces. Your stitching is so beautiful! Happy stitching! --Andrea

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish on J! And nice progress on the rest. I have that forest as well and I haven't decided on fabric yet, but I do think a pillow finish is what I'll do eventually.

Julie said...

The spool hardanger finish is so delightful, I do envy those that hardanger. Tried it a couple of times but the cutting scares me!
Logs is stunning, a lovely mix of colours in that one.

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on finishing the J. And that Christmas Spool looks so darling.
Great WIPs that you have on the go and nice progress on them.

Astrids dragon said...

Yah for the Jack-'O-Lantern and Kitty is looking good.
I love your spool, so adorable! I have lots of spools, I think I bought them at Michaels or Jo-Anne's.
Nice progress on the Forest and Ripple Rotation!

Carol said...

PS designs are always so deceiving, aren't they? It looks like they'll be a quick stitch, but those large blocks of color really slow things down. Anyway--I do love your "J" block, Pat! And the kitty is looking cute, too. I finished him a a pillow (without the lettering) last year and just love him. He hangs out on my bookshelf here in the family room.

Hope your August is off to a great start!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for my letter! Love the cat at the bottom of that one.
I also love your little spool, I was sent a bag of those wooden spools in a giveaway and now I have a brilliant idea of how to use them!

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE your PS alphabet! It is such a big commitment and a large piece when finished. Each block while not huge has SO much stitching in it...not quite but almost completely filled! Nice work. I love Satuma's Forest...it's so different than anything I have seen. You always manage to find the MOST interesting things to stitch! Love your tiny spool and the Ripple Rotation...lots of work. I admire your dedication to the rotation you do and commitment to "completion." Much hard work and beautiful stitching!

Meari said...

Your finishes are the cutest, ever! I love that pumpkin.